Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
Illumina are one of the global leaders in NGS (Next Generation DNA Sequencing) technology, providing innovative hardware, reagent and software solutions that are revolutionizing the genomics and healthcare space. As a pioneer in this area, Illumina collaborate with a number of prestigious research centres and academic institutes to help validate technology, raise company profile and drive product development.
Illumina have recently created a business unit called Illumina Laboratory Services (ILS) to deliver their collaboration with Genomics England on a landmark project to sequence 100,000 human genomes, as part of a far-reaching human health research plan.
Illumina are looking for a proactive Project Delivery Manager to oversee and coordinate the laboratory resources of this key Illumina venture. We are looking for candidates who have a strong grasp of fast paced laboratory sampling process, who understands the opposing demands of speed, quality, cost and customer satisfaction and can help define a process to achieve the right balance. The incumbent will be expected to work closely with our external partners to facilitate everything from sample reception to satisfaction appraisal at the point of delivery, so needs to be a highly credible Illumina representative.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manages people and resources as part of cross-functional team to deliver against a service level agreement
- Work closely with commercial and finance stakeholders to monitor cost efficiencies
- Collect information for technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analysis, and present data at regular progress review meetings both internally and with customers
- Involved in the execution of high quality, integrated cross-functional plans for projects.
- Maintain rigorous standards required to meet ISO accreditation
- Coordinate with external laboratories to facilitate sample reception, processing and delivery of results to agreed targets
- Ensure smooth data coordination within the production site
- Work closely with the Process Development function to appraise and advise on the production efficiencies
- Interact with customers and internal groups eg Fast Track Services and Illumina Clinical Services Laboratory, applications group, computational biology, molecular biology and sequencing groups, for the purpose of establishing equivalent, synchronized production sequencing infrastructure and analysis capability for human genome sequencing.
- Expertise will be required in development and adaptation of a suitable infrastructure for high throughput production.
Preferred Educational Background:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field.
Preferred Experiential Background:
- Proven project/service management experience in a commercial or academic environment with demonstrable skills in influencing and communicator with senior management
- Track record of delivering results and managing projects set against a background of service level agreements and deliverables
- Innovative and able to think tactically at many levels, highly cooperative without confrontation
- Able to multitask effectively and interact with multi-disciplinary teams which would include engineers, scientist, IT professionals, senior managers and commercial staff.
- Experienced in genomic and genetics, preferably with direct experience of human genomic information, relevant public resources and with significant knowledge of groups in the field
- Experience working in regulated environments - ISO and GMP/GLP knowledge.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).
- Ability to analyse and resolve problems independently.
- Strong organizational skills and very detail oriented – must be able to map out the needs of the project and assign priorities accordingly.
- Strong emphasis on Quality and “right first time” mentality
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
This role would suit someone who has a sound understanding of managing high throughput laboratory contract testing or analysis services in a regulated environment, and is comfortable working to service level agreements. The role offers the opportunity to work on a high-profile project that is leading the way in combining healthcare and whole genome sequencing. If you feel you are up to the challenge of managing the people and resources for an exciting collaborative project then this may be the opportunity you have been looking for.
Interested parties should log into Illumina careers webpages and use the reference 7861BR to apply.
All About Us
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.4 billion in 2016. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its “World’s Smartest Companies” list each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.