Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Fred Hutch), home of three Nobel laureates, is an independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer and other potentially fatal diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone-marrow transplantation, the Center's five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science. The Center, in collaboration with its clinical and research partners, the University of Washington and Seattle Children's is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest.
The HIV Vaccine Trials Network (HVTN) is the world's largest publicly funded multi-disciplinary international collaboration facilitating the development of vaccines to prevent HIV/AIDS. The HVTN conducts all phases of clinical trials, from evaluating experimental vaccines for safety and immunogenicity to testing vaccine efficacy.
The Project Coordinator, Technical Editor will coordinate research and administrative activities in support of clinical trials and special projects. The incumbent provides assistance to the HIV Vaccine Trials Network Leadership Core Operations Center in the planning, editing and production of a variety of scientific and technical documentation. Responsible for production and editing of highly specialized technical and scientific materials, including clinical trial protocols, journal manuscripts, grant applications, PowerPoint presentations, newsletters, and posters, to ensure that all materials meet established standards of appearance and content. Provides software support as needed in the production of these materials. The incumbent will manage projects with limited supervision and will use discretion within existing guidelines and standards; final review/authorization of materials is made by supervisor and/or scientific staff.
Perform some or all of the following responsibilities:
1. Develop and maintain templates that govern content and format of clinical trial protocols and related documents. Includes tracking changes and rationales for changes, obtaining consensus and approval from various stakeholders, and bringing issues to resolution.
2. Troubleshoot documentation, bibliographic, presentation, reporting, and project management software problems for coworkers
3. Manage the assembly and compilation of content for trial-related FAQs, end-of-study information sheets, and other documents related to clinical trials
4. Coordinate large document assembly with sections from multiple authors and obtain concurrence from multiple authors on edited material
5. Design and produce high quality tables, figures, graphics, and other visuals for reports, publications, presentations, communications, and reference materials
6. Recommend edits on written materials to improve readability, coherence, accuracy, grammar, and conformity to internal and publishing standards of style in a team-oriented environment
7. Format, copyedit, and proofread scientific documents
8. Create and update work practice guidelines, software user tip sheets, and other guidance/reference materials
9. Maintain reference database and generate bibliographies using EndNote
10.Provide real-time document support and copyediting during document development and review meetings
11.Manage the assembly and editing of grant proposals and progress reports
12.Organize and lead or facilitate meetings related to document templates, technical editing, and/or software or document tips
13.Provide other technical, administrative, and coordination support as needed
14.Perform other duties as assigned
- BA/BS related field required. MA/MS desired
- Minimum of three years experience with hands-on related project management
- Excellent organizational skills, close attention to detail, and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Expert in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel software required; serve as a subject matter expert (super-user) to troubleshoot, mentor, and evaluate solutions
- Experience with Adobe and bibliographic software
- Knowledge of SharePoint is preferred
- Familiarity with scientific research methods, preferred
- Excellent communication skills and some familiarity with scientific vocabulary; capable of effective verbal and written communication with clinical research staff, health professionals, and scientists
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE