The Project Coordinator (PC) is a member of the Project Management community within the IO GMed that will run select subteams and serve as the departmental scheduling expert. The PC will coordinate with the Global Project Manager (GPM) or Director of Global Products (DGP) to run specific subteams of the Global Product Team (GPT). These subteams will likely be cross-functional with short term deliverables where the PC will need to drive delivery using appropriate Project Management principles. In addition the PC will oversee the reporting into the OPAL scheduling tool for the entire IO GMed to ensure consistent reporting and usage. As a scheduling expert, the PC will analyse schedules within and across projects. They will coordinate with the team project manager to understand critical path, crash schedules and optimize delivery across the functions as needed.
Facilitation and tactical execution of GMed Organizational and Enabling Activities
* Ongoing activities: IO GMed leadership subteams, workstreams and initiatives, and community meetings (global and US site-specific)
* Special GMed events (e.g. education days, workshops, or other activities)
* Implementation and tracking of GMed enabling initiatives to embed new ways of working
* Project manage the delivery of specific, small deliverables as defined by GPT
* Manage subteams of the GPT using PM principles to ensure oversight of scope, time, cost and quality
* Oversee the cross-functional reporting into the OPAL scheduling system
* Analyse schedules within and across projects to better understand and optimize overall delivery
Operational delivery of the cross-functional development plan
* Monitor delivery progress and deliver frequent updates to GPM/DGP including evaluation of status versus tolerance. Identify and manage any issues that have cross-functional impact.
* Ensure that project plans and schedules are accurately reflected in key business systems.
Risk and opportunity management
* Input into the the cross-functional risk and opportunity management process
* Coordinate with Project Managers to maintain a GPT risk register that documents and scores key risks
Team effectiveness, interfaces and communication
* Ensure that team norms and ways of working are defined and followed
* Ensure that information-sharing and communications processes are defined and implemented and manage team documents on systems such as PKT, GPT Sharepoint etc
* Co-ordinate meetings, ensuring that agendas, minutes and actions are documented clearly and shared in a timely manner
* Identify and act on opportunities to facilitate team effectiveness
GMed organisational development and sharing best practice
* Contribute to the GMD project management community to share best practice, drive organisational effectiveness and develop capability
* Undergraduate degree required with graduate degree preferred
* General knowledge of drug development process
* Project management experience in complex, multi-disciplinary environment
* Experience of working collaboratively in global, multi-cultural teams
* Proven ability to transition between roles effectively and learn rapidly in a new environment
* History of successfully leading and project managing cross-functional deliverables
* Experience in using scheduling software (e.g. MS Project) as a tool to drive timelines through analysis of critical path, float and constraints.
* Experience of leading cross-functional, multi-cultural teams
Skills and Capabilities
* Skilled across the full spectrum of project management as defined by PMBOK with good working knowledge of project management tools and techniques
* Ability to actively deploy a range of influencing and leadership styles
* Ability to effectively manage team climate and dynamics in a global, cross functional and cross-cultural setting
* Communication skills -- knows when and how to communicate, using strong interpersonal skills and written communications when appropriate
* Results Focused -- ability to overcome obstacles and achieve key outcomes
* Cultural Awareness -- able to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment
* Analytical Thinking - logically breaking situations or issues down into their essential elements; carrying out diagnosis and developing solutions.
* Builds effective partnerships -- identifies opportunities and takes actions to build effective relationships within team and with other areas
* Ethics -- overriding commitment to integrity and high standards in self and others
Measures of Success:
* Expert project leadership and management in GMeds recognized within and outside the function as driving delivery of the Scorecard.
* Reports to Executive Director, Project Management
* No direct reports