HICOR is a research institute dedicated to reducing the human and economic burden of cancer for patients, families and society. We develop and apply innovative scientific methods in health economics, clinical and public health research, and data science to enhance value in cancer care and improve outcomes for patients.
HICOR's mission is to improve the effectiveness of cancer prevention, early detection and treatment services provided to patients in ways that reduce the economic and human burden of cancer. Our research portfolio includes health economics, decision modeling, cancer care delivery research, cost-effectiveness alongside clinical trials, and behavioral economics.
HICOR is seeking a full-time project coordinator to coordinate multiple research and administrative activities for federally funded grants and contracts in the areas of cost-effectiveness, pragmatic clinical trials, cancer care delivery research, and stakeholder engagement. This position will involve developing policies, procedures, research instruments and administrative materials, carrying out complex research assignments, and assisting in study implementation.
Scope of responsibilities
Under general supervision the incumbent works independently in performing daily responsibilities, referring project/study issues to Project Manager/Director and Investigators as necessary. Special skills and knowledge are applied in coordinating research and administrative activities, developing research and administrative materials, and in carrying out complex research assignments. Multi-tasking, communication, and organizational skills are critical to this position.
Perform some or all of the following responsibilities:
1. Coordinate research and administrative activities, ensuring all projects and tasks are completed according to project/study timelines.
2. Develop and administer policies and procedures according to protocol, IRB, grant/contract and Center specifications. Insure that policies and procedures are in accordance with all IRBs represented in the project.
3. Work with Investigators to develop research materials which may include questionnaires, data collection instruments, and educational materials. Develop, review, edit, and revise administrative materials.
4. Carry out complex research assignments in support of project/study, requiring advanced related education and/or experience.
5. Serve as project/study liaison, representing the project/study to other Center departments, funding sources, affiliated individuals or institutions, and outside organizations.
6. Attend committee meetings, monitor activities to ensure objectives have been met within designated time frame, and coordinate follow-up activities.
7. Work with financial staff to coordinate grant/contract application and renewal processes, writing portions of grants/contracts as required.
8. Track study progress and and prepare reports for Principal Investigator, affiliated institutions, and funding agencies.
9. Assist in the analysis of project/study data.
10. Coordinate the submission of study results, articles, and manuscripts for publication, writing portions of articles/manuscripts as required.
11. Manage project/study database(s) and work with programmers in developing and upgrading database to ensure maximum effectiveness.
12. Monitor project/study budget in conjunction with financial staff, ensuring that all financial allocations and expenditures are in accordance with grant/contract guidelines and regulations.
13. Produce special and recurring reports.
14. Performs other responsibilities as required.
- BA/BS in related field required.
- Minimum of three years post-bachelor's project coordination experience in a research setting.
- Must have demonstrated ability in coordinating participant recruitment and surveying.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint important, familiarity with EndNote a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and multi-tasking abilities required.
- Must have ability to work independently and take initiative in a dynamic environment.
- Must exhibit excellent dependability and flexibility in dealing with changing priorities.
PLEASE INCLUDE COVER LETTER WITH SUBMISSION.
WE ARE A VEVRAA FEDERAL CONTRACTOR
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2253503-2647-9221