Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home of three Nobel laureates, is an independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer and other potentially fatal diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone-marrow transplantation, the Center's five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science. The Hutchinson Center, in collaboration with its clinical and research partners, the University of Washington and Seattle Children's, is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest. Join us and make a difference!
Coordinates Office of HIV/AIDS Coordination (HANC) cross-network work groups including evaluation, site management, and data management. These are moderately complex projects comprised of internal and external stakeholders, including subject matter experts, site and operations center personnel, researchers, evaluation contractors, statisticians, data and fiscal managers, and NIH representatives. Also manages the HANC training resource library.
Drives communication, timelines and collaboration to plan and manage the execution of projects in compliance with network, institutional, federal and industry standards. Organizes and facilitates international group conference calls and web-based meetings and prepares written communication materials with several global working groups. Serves as the primary project liaison and provide written and verbal reports to internal and external stakeholders on results achieved, impact, and process improvement plans. Maintains group team sites, document repositories, databases, libraries, tools, resources and other assets on password-protected collaborative portal and manage content and training resources on HANC's public website.
The Project Coordinator works under the direction of the HANC Director, referring project issues on and/or soliciting guidance as necessary. Special skills and knowledge are applied in coordinating research and administrative activities across the specified areas of coordination (data management, evaluation, communications and site management.)
Perform the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate cross-network data management, evaluation, and site management clinical work groups ensuring all tasks and projects are completed according to project timelines.
- Assist in the development of project policies and procedures.
- Facilitate the activities of the cross-network data management, evaluation and site management working groups with membership from multiple research networks, DAIDS, and external vendors/partners.
- Conduct the semiannual upgrade of the HIV/AIDS classification program based on the CDC and WHO classifications incorporating the new MedDRA terms.
- Facilitate the HANC Communications Work Group and production of the HANC monthly collaborator newsletter.
- Assist in the development of cross-network materials that may include questionnaires, data collection instruments, and educational materials. Develop, review, edit, and revise administrative materials. Carry-out complex assignments in support of each project
- Serve as cross-network liaison in each area of coordination representing the HANC project to other Center departments, funding sources, affiliated individuals or institutions, and outside organizations.
- Produce special and recurring reports on each area of coordination as requested.
- Facilitate several international working group calls using various online tools as necessary.
- Carry out additional moderately complex projects as directed.
- Cover letter of interest required.
- BA/BS in related field required and at least 3 years of project coordination experience.
- MA/MS desired and a minimum one year or project coordination post-master's
- Experience in a clinical research setting desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with MS Office and SharePoint.
- Ability to work independently.
We are a VEVRRA Federal contractor.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2250685-2647-121