Cures Start Here.
At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch's pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer with minimal side effects. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation's first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women's Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network.
Careers Start Here.
The HIV Vaccine Trials Network (HVTN) is the world's largest publicly funded multi-disciplinary international collaboration facilitating the development of vaccines to prevent HIV/AIDS. The HVTN conducts all phases of clinical trials, from evaluating experimental vaccines for safety and immunogenicity to testing vaccine efficacy.
The Project Coordinator position will support the HVTN's Leadership Operations Center (LOC) for the Site Operations Unit. The incumbent works under the direction of the Associate Director of Site Operations. Special skills and knowledge are applied in coordinating research and administrative activities and in carrying-out moderately complex clinical trials operations and research assignments.
Perform some or all of the following responsibilities:
- Work with Clinical Trials Managers to maintain and assure adherence to major milestones and study specific activities.
- Coordinate research and administrative activities with Clinical Trials Managers, ensuring all projects are completed according to project/study timelines.
- Organize study protocol/operations conference calls, e-mail communications, and meetings. Tasks to include polling call participants, distributing call announcements, agenda, meeting materials and minutes.
- Create protocol-specific aliases to effectively and efficiently distribute study related written communications to network members.
- Produce and distribute weekly and monthly enrollment reports to the appropriate groups.
- Participate in the development, review, production and distribution of training materials for on-site training, study-specific procedures, and other study materials. Manage translation of study materials for non-US sites.
- Assist Clinical Trials Managers in documenting procedures and policies, and formatting study related special procedures and forms.
- Participate in working groups, special projects, workshops and trainings as needed; attend regular group and network meetings.
- Perform other administrative tasks such as searching and collecting publications, posting materials to internal/external web pages, updating study-related templates and documents, providing administrative support to VISP Testing Service, arranging logistics for on-site training, assisting the production of training materials etc.
- Serve as a backup liaison with study site staff regarding protocol implementation and operational issues.
- Assist Associate Director for Site Operations and Clinical Trials Managers with special projects.
- Performs other responsibilities as required.
- BA/BS in related field desired. Other relevant work experience may substitute.
- Position requires a high level of attention to detail and organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills, and an ability to maintain confidentiality are essential
- Must have demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative in a dynamic environment
- High level knowledge of Microsoft applications, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook are required.
Knowledge of SharePoint is preferred.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE