The Tobacco and Health Behavior Science Research Group is part of the Cancer Prevention Program in the Division of Public Health Sciences at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. Our research includes a focus on testing innovative behavioral interventions to change unhealthy behaviors (e.g., smoking). Our group is now conducting several clinical trials to test a form of therapy, called Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, to help people quit smoking.
With direct supervision from the team's project manager,the project coordinator will apply special skills and knowledge in coordinating research and administrative activities and in carrying-out moderately complex research assignments.
- Coordinate research and administrative activities, ensuring all projects are completed according to project/study timelines.
- Assist in the development of project/study policies and procedures. Administer policies and procedures according to protocol, IRB, grant/contract and Center specifications.
- Serve as project/study liaison, representing the project/study to other Center departments, funding sources, affiliated individuals or institutions, and outside organizations.
- Monitor and respond to participant queries.
- Track study data and compile data reports.
- Attend and write minutes with the ongoing in-person meetings with the project team.
- Maintain proper study records.
- Produce special and recurring reports.
- Perform other responsibilities as required.
- BA/BS in related field required.
- Experience in a research or clinical setting required.
- Minimum of one year post-master's or three years post-bachelor's project coordination is preffered.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- A genuine passion for smoking cessation behavioral interventions and/or public health issues;
- Ability to work both independently and collaborate with an interdisciplinary scientific team.
We are a VEVRRA federal contractor.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2249746-2647-7221