The Programmer Analyst will perform programming and/ or assist in design and analysis of systems to decipher the role of Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms and Copy number variation (CNVs) in psychiatric disorders. Maintain a computational pipeline (consist of custom software) for processing and analyzing large volumes of whole genome sequence data. Responsible for reporting the performance along with the specificity and sensitivity of each of these platforms so that they can be customized towards the overall goal of the project. Will help develop algorithms for filtering and refining the dataset. Some qualifications include:
· 1. Knowledge in the development of bioinformatics tools as well as biological sciences in the field of genomics or
· computational biology.
· 2. Understanding of whole genome sequencing, genome assembly, and short-reads sequencing technology and
· 3. Knowledge in algorithm development for genome assembly.
· 4. Demonstrated programming skills in Java, Python, R with the ability to work comfortably in a Linux environment.
· 5. Demonstrated knowledge/experience in a specified computing environment and operating systems, including Unix
· and Linux.