Program Manager, Population Sequencing
Illumina Laboratory Services (ILS), Cambridge UK
Permanent / Full Time
Industry leading remuneration package which would include company equity, annual bonus scheme, 10% pension contribution, private healthcare, gym membership, share purchase scheme and more!
As Illumina has driven down the cost of whole human genome sequencing below $1000, never before has the opportunity to utilize next generation sequencing to improve human health been greater. In partnership with Genomics England, we are pioneering genome sequencing and interpretation to deliver personalized medicine to entire populations and health care systems.
Illumina aims to provide a comprehensive sequence-to-answer software solution for Genomics England and the National Health Service, including genome sequencing, interpretation, reporting, clinical decision support, and supporting infrastructure scalable to hundreds of thousands of patients. The Program Manager role in the Enterprise Informatics Business Unit will oversee the delivery, implementation, and integration of multiple Illumina software products into a single comprehensive solution for genome interpretation. Success in this role will require experience in executing complex software deployments, as well as the agility to meet varied customer requirements at hospitals, diagnostic labs, and genomic medicine centers across the National Health Service.
- Oversee and coordinate the on-time implementation of key software, clinical support, clinical interface, bioinformatics, and infrastructure pieces of a sequence-to-answer solution for a national health care system scalable to hundreds of thousands of patients.
- Interface with customers at hospitals and genomic medicine centers, scientists, clinicians, and national health care agencies to ensure the successful roll-out of software products, and to ensure that customer requirements are met.
- On a daily basis, work closely with customers, product owners, and project leads to coordinate product and solution implementation timelines and track key metrics associated with deliverables.
- Coordinate meetings and communications with stakeholders internally and externally.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and escalate issues in project execution and delivery.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Illumina’s newest ventures and to have a direct impact on the Illumina’s goal of bringing the power of genomics to the healthcare sector.