Program Manager, Population Sequencing
Illumina Laboratory Services (ILS), Cambridge UK
Permanent / Full Time
Industry leading remuneration package which would include company equity, annual bonus scheme, 10% pension contribution, private healthcare, gym membership, share purchase scheme and more!
As Illumina has driven down the cost of whole human genome sequencing below $1000, never before has the opportunity to utilize next generation sequencing to improve human health been greater. Numerous governments and large-scale healthcare systems have recognized the opportunity to use population-scale genomic sequencing to deliver personalized medicine for their patients at a previously unprecedented scale.
Illumina aims to provide a comprehensive sequence-to-answer solution to national healthcare systems, including genome sequencing, interpretation, reporting, and clinical decision support on the scale of hundreds of thousands of patients. Crucial to the success of population sequencing will be the development of innovative bioinformatics software solutions for genome interpretation and reporting that will interface directly with health care systems, including hospitals, providers, and genomic medicine centers. The Program manager of Population Sequencing role in the Enterprise Informatics Business Unit will work with multiple Illumina departments and diverse clinical customers to develop and deliver comprehensive informatics solutions to enable this vision.
- Interface with customers at hospitals and genomic medicine centers, bioinformatics, and national health care agencies to understand the requirements for a successful implementation of genomic sequencing into the health care system.
- Build out a comprehensive program to deliver the required bioinformatics, software, clinical support, clinical interface, and implementation pieces of a scalable sequence-to-answer solution for a national health care system.
- On a daily basis, work closely with customers, product owners, and project leads to coordinate product and solution implementation timelines and track key metrics associated with deliverables.
- Partner closely with clinical and regulatory, bioinformatics, and research and development colleagues at Illumina to develop and manage the delivery of multiple informatics and software solutions to customers.
- Coordinate meetings and communications with stakeholders internally and externally.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and escalate issues in project execution and delivery.