Genomic Health is seeking a highly talented and motivated Program Manager to lead the program management function for a new Reports and Services product program. This role requires an individual with experience in software product system development in healthcare or a related field and a collaborative style to build strong cross-functional relationships across the organization and with external development partners. A strong candidate will have a track record of successful program or project management of a complex software product, or product with a significant software component. Ideally you will have experience managing development of a product for a regulated environment. This role requires excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, 5+ years of experience in the management of complex product development programs. The ideal candidate will have strong program management skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to coordinate across multiple functional groups to build high functioning, collaborative teams. The program manager will work in close partnership with the Lifecycle Product Manager to define project plans, develop timelines, and guide the team to deliver on project deliverables and objectives in accordance with established product and quality processes.
- Provide hands on program management for the Reports and Services product team, including Core Team membership, documentation of project plans, schedules and budgets, and monitoring of subteam activities
- Champion creation and management of clear communication mechanisms and messages to keep team members and stakeholders engaged, committed and informed of program progress, including documentation and discussion of open actions, key decisions, and changes
- Use the established measurement and reporting framework to review progress with key stakeholders and present program updates at monthly executive program reviews and other forums as needed
- Use appropriate project management tools, communication plans and risk management techniques to create rigor in project planning and execution
- Take the initiative to manage and resolve potential conflicts within program teams that inhibits execution of key objectives
- Develop action plans to address open issues, including escalation to key external stakeholders as necessary
- Coordinate with key program contributors and stakeholders to manage program execution, manage risk and communicate progress, risks and changes
- Participate in advancing program management team functional abilities, including sharing best practices and methods/tools improvement ideas.
- May mentor other program management colleagues
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- BS/BA in Life Sciences, Computer Science or related discipline
- At least 12 years of Program/Project Management experience in life science, healthcare or software industries, including at least 5+ years demonstrated success managing large, complex, cross functional software product development programs, preferably in Healthcare Information Technology.
- Strong project and program management skills, including planning, prioritizing and organizing work, tracking budgets and meeting deadlines, experience leading teams through the process of project risks identification, development of preventive and mitigation plans and managing risks to minimize impact on project deliverables
- Excellent communicator, including experience preparing and making presentations to executive-level management, ability to effectively adjust to technical and non-technical audiences, facilitate conflict resolution, and engage and inspire commitment among project team-members.
- Ability to utilize industry best practices in preparing deliverables (e.g. proposals, program plans, budgets, schedules)
- Demonstrated ability to function independently in a high-impact position, with deadline and resource constraints; must demonstrate excellent mediation skills, capable of working effectively and flexibly under changing conditions, strong analysis skills, and assertiveness
- Able to prioritize and deliver results with a high emphasis on quality, technical rigor, and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment, and to motivate teams to excel, strong influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate across disciplines and integrate technical and business considerations as they impact project plans including negotiation of scope, roles and responsibilities, specifications, timelines, and resources up, across, and down in the organization
- Experience working in a regulated industry (e.g., Medical devices, Pharma, etc.)
- Able to integrate feedback in a professional manner and thrive in multidisciplinary teams with members with highly diverse backgrounds.
- Advanced degree (MS, PhD) in software engineering, bioinformatics or biology and advanced project management certification (PMP) is desirable
- Working knowledge of CLIA, FDA or ISO regulations
- Ideal candidate will have experience managing product development projects under design control and in compliance with CLIA/LDT and/or FDA/IVD regulations
- Experience leading software development programs or programs that included software as an element of the overall product system
- Prior R&D exposure in a clinical diagnostics, pharma, or genome sequencing center setting
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Travel Requirements:
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary