Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home of three Nobel laureates, is an independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer and other potentially fatal diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone-marrow transplantation, the Center's five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science. The Hutchinson Center, in collaboration with its clinical and research partners, the University of Washington and Seattle Children's, is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest. Join us and make a difference!
The Program Assistant II will perform programmatic administrative functions relating to processing award activations for proposals awarded from funding agencies to the Center.
- Log Budget Allocation Record Forms into Access activation tracking database
- Award activation of time-sensitive funding proposals into PeopleSoft financial management system following detailed procedures for the various funding mechanisms
- Update database with corrections of financial and compliance data entered into PeopleSoft financial management system
- Process spending limit adjustments in PeopleSoft for award closeout as needed
- Change Grant, Contract Specialists and Research Coordinators in PeopleSoft financial management system
- Bachelor's degree preferred or five years of equivalent experience in a related field or equivalent translatable skills.
- PeoplSoft Experience Required.
- Strong data entry skills/experience required.
- Content performing repetitive tasks
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy, productivity and consistency
- Ability to use reasoning and analytical skills to make judgments with support/mentoring
- Effectively work in a mentored environment, with ability to gain further independence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an emphasis towards customer service
Ability to thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment that requires a flexible approach to workload demands while balancing quality of work and applying knowledge and skills commensurate with the position
Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work cooperatively within a team environment
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2207702-2647-4421