Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home of three Nobel laureates, is an independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer and other potentially fatal diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone-marrow transplantation, the Center's four scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science. The Hutchinson Center, in collaboration with its clinical and research partners, the University of Washington and Children's Hospital and Regional Medical Center, is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest.
The Program in Transplantation Biology in the Clinical Research Division is seeking a support person to assist in research monitoring for the non-myeloablative transplant program.
The Program Assistant will work under the supervision of the Principal Investigators and Research Staff Manager to assist in data entry, specimen tracking, document review, patient outcome assessment and regulatory support for a wide variety of transplant protocols.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review patient records and update patient database.
- Assist in coordination of patient disease restaging, research specimens, and appointments with the SCCA, Long Term Follow-Up Department, Seattle Children's, and local physicians.
- Assist with outside center support.
- Deliver documents, kits, and other research support items between campus buildings.
- Case report form data entry.
- Serve as a resource for data projects using Access and SharePoint.
- Assist with regulatory support.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree and a minimum of one year experience in a support role in a medical, scientific, or research setting is required. (The equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.)
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational and communication skills are essential.
- Must work well in a team-oriented environment.
- To be successful in this position, the program assistant must be able to provide consistency across complex documents
- Must be highly proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access; SharePoint skills highly desirable.
- Must be able to handle a high-volume work load.
We are a VEVRRA Federal Contractor
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2246881-2647-3521