Cures Start Here.
At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch's pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer with minimal side effects. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation's first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women's Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network.
Careers Start Here.
The Program in Transplantation Biology in the Clinical Research Division is seeking a support person to assist in research monitoring for the non-myeloablative transplant program.
The Program Assistant will work under the supervision of the Principal Investigators and Research Staff Manager to assist in data entry, specimen tracking, document review, patient outcome assessment and regulatory support for a wide variety of transplant protocols.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review patient records and update patient database.
- Assist in coordination of patient disease restaging, research specimens, and appointments with the SCCA, Long Term Follow-Up Department, Seattle Children's, and local physicians.
- Assist with outside center support.
- Deliver documents, kits, and other research support items between campus buildings.
- Case report form data entry.
- Serve as a resource for data projects using Access.
- Assist with regulatory support.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree and a minimum of one year experience in a support role in a medical, scientific, or research setting is required. (The equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.)
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational and communication skills are essential.
- Must work well in a team-oriented environment.
- To be successful in this position, the program assistant must be able to provide consistency across complex documents
- Must be highly proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access
- Must be able to handle a high-volume work load.
We are a VEVRRA Federal Contractor
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE