Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch's pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer with minimal side effects. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation's first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women's Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
The Program Assistant works under the direction of the Program Administrator for Clinical Biostatistics. This person will work closely with the Data Operations Manager supporting administrative functions of Data Abstraction. Data Abstraction consists of 19 data coordinators who support research in the Clinical Research Division. Additionally, the Program Assistant will work closely with the Director of Clinical Research Data Systems (CRDS). CRDS has 9 programmer/analysts who maintain CRD specific servers, study specific databases and the transplant database used by CRD researchers and SCCA called Gateway.
Provide administrative assistance to the Consent Coordinator, performing duties such as:
- Preparing, copying and scanning consents and treatment authorizations for upload into OWL;
- Assist with labeling arrival packets with patient identifiers;
- Deliver arrival packets to Registration Office;
- Distribute SCCA treatment consents to HIM department;
- Retrieving consents from team rooms for processing.
- Administrative duties including facilitation of meeting scheduling, coordinate travel and expense reconciliation, maintaining contact lists, supply and equipment purchasing.
- Provide program support including reviewing and maintaining monthly SCCA time tracking data, documentation edits and updates.
- Assist Data Operations Manager with record maintenance (onsite and offsite).
- Assist programmer/analysts with mapping data elements in Gateway to questions in CIBMTR forms.
- Liaise with administrative departments within Fred Hutch and at collaborating institutions.
- Other duties as directed/required.
- BA/BS required.
- Minimum of 1 year post-bachelor's experience, preferably in a research or academic setting.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities required.
- Must have ability to work independently and take initiative in a dynamic environment.
- Must exhibit excellent dependability and flexibility in dealing with changing priorities.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2346973-2647-3621