Cures Start Here.
At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch's pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer with minimal side effects. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation's first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women's Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network.
Careers Start Here.
The Program Assistant reports directly to the Director, Philanthropic Gifts with a dotted-line report to the Philanthropic Gifts Officer he/she supports. The Program Assistant is expected to take initiative, be a self-starter and be able to work independently. Must maintain professionalism, be flexible and able to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities and remain composed under the pressure of deadlines. Must exhibit dependability and willingness to work as an integral member of the Development team and be capable of working well within all levels of the organization. The Program Assistant must be able to effectively communicate the mission, values and scope of the institution.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides administrative support to assigned Philanthropic Gifts Officer including answering phones, scheduling appointments, drafting meeting agendas and taking meeting minutes, opening and sorting mail, photocopying, filing, arranging travel and scheduling conference room reservations
- Assists Philanthropic Gifts Officers with strategy, planning and tracking of all aspects of the ask process
- Works within The Raiser's Edge software to enter actions related to benefactor and prospect activity, runs queries, creates lists and codes gifts
- Performs gift receipt and acknowledgment procedures including processing credit card charges, data entry, mail merges, printing and preparing letters and receipts for mailing
- Gift proposal generation and tracking
- Maintains confidentiality of all sensitive materials and information in printed, electronic or verbal form
- Reconciles monthly program Procard credit card expenses
- May draft event briefs and guest bios for all relevant cultivation and signature fundraising events
- Special assignments or projects as assigned
- Participates as member of administrative Operations Team.
Summary of Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1-2 years of administrative experience required
- Strong writing skills required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and demands
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to build relationships and work in a team environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Self-motivation and flexibility
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE