Cures Start Here.
At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch's pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation's first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women's Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network.
Careers Start Here.
- Project Coordination for Heimfeld Research
- Coordinate the Leukapheresis Protocols for the PBMC Donor Program
- Maintain and grow the Volunteer Donor List
Coordinate the schedules and requirements of the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) Apheresis, Cell Processing Facility (CPF), Cellular Therapy Lab (CTL) and other internal and external requesting labs for scheduling the acquisition of leukapheresis cellular product by:
- Scheduling Research Donations
- Screening and recruiting donors eligible for the 985.03 protocol
- Ensure that subjects have been consented, all documentation is complete, and all eligibility criteria have been fulfilled and documented
- Coordinate the submission of samples for safety testing (e.g. infectious disease) and record results
- Monitoring leukapheresis/apheresis collection in collaboration with Apheresis staff and report status to the stakeholders
- Coordinating the delivery of cellular product
- Monitoring and maintaining product tracking
- Collect, coordinate, process and verify normal donor data
- Arrange donor payment and mediate provision of related tax information to accounts payable
- Review papers and computerized documents to confirm donor schedules, payment and record critical data items on a daily basis
- Work closely with other data Coordinators, lab Managers, virology testing site, SCCA Apheresis staff, and various Principal Investigators (PI)
- Work with the Heimfeld Lab to scope and price the requested materials
- Provide the Heimfeld Lab administrator with scoped work for invoicing
- Provide Program status updates to relevant stakeholders
Project Management support
Assist in the coordination of activities among the PI Labs, CPF, BPF, Process Development (PD), Quality Assurance (QA), Quality Control (QC), and Regulatory under the supervision of the Project Manager
Some tasks may include:
- Organization of project team meetings, planning meeting agendas, recording and distribute meeting notes
Create and track project timelines in order to:
- Identify critical path activities and coordinate with responsible parties to ensure deliverables are achieved.
- Identify/suggest areas where programs can be run more efficiently
- Learn how to prioritize competing activities
- Track action items, deliverables and key decisions
- Track and organize data that is generated during the project life cycle
- BS degree in a life sciences, engineering or equivalent technical experience
- 0 - 1 years previous biotech or clinical experience related to clinical study coordination
- Excellent verbal and communication skills and ability to build a rapport with a variety of clinical and technical staff
- Must be comfortable and confident to interact with donors.
- Proficient in MS Office products (Excel, Access, Word, Power Point, Project, Outlook)
- Flexible work hours dependent on requesting lab schedules
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE