Cures Start Here.
At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch's pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer with minimal side effects. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation's first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women's Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network.
Careers Start Here.
The Infectious Disease Sciences program at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center is seeking an hourly Program Assistant to perform any of a variety of administrative and/or clinical responsibilities in support of two or more studies.
This position will work under the direction an Infectious Disease Sciences Program faculty member. The incumbent will perform functions requiring knowledge and skills specific to the program studies and to clinical research.
- Place orders/requisitions in inpatient and outpatient setting
- Put together sampling kits and distribute to study sites and/or patients
- Complete patient questionnaires
- Collect data from various sources as requested and assist in maintaining databases
- Contact patients via phone and/or email for study related procedures
- Shipping and tracking of specimens
- Transport specimens, if necessary, utilizing universal precautions
- Perform data entry for CRFs and review data prior to entering to ensure its credibility
- Perform specimen collection procedures for various studies (not including blood draws)
- Copy medical records, and send out reports via fax or e-mail
- Practice infection control, isolation techniques, and universal precautions
- Participate and prepare data for research meetings
- Assist with study related monitoring visits
- Be willing to perform other duties as requested or assigned by study staff or P.I.
- Maintain HIPAA, Good Clinical Practice and other clinical research training requirements
- Must have a BA/BS in biological sciences with an interest in clinical research and healthcare.
Excellent written and verbal skills required. Must be able to use Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, and Access) and have the willingness to learn new software programs as necessary. Demonstrate a professional, positive attitude when working with patients. Highly motivated and independent.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE