Provide operations, fiscal management, and administrative support to Prevention Center facilities managers (clinic, laboratory, exercise testing, and human nutrition), supervise managerial staff, and act as central contact between shared resources, legal, human resources, and other Center Departments on behalf of the PC.
The incumbent works under the supervision of the Prevention Center Director(s) and uses judgment in determining the needs of study clients, assisting clients with selection of PC services and drafting text for grant applications. Establishes budgets for optimum operation of each of the PC clinic facilities and the Center as a whole, and represents the PC in negotiations and interactions with other PHS departments and Hutch Center Divisions. Must be able to operate in compliance with all aspects of FHCRC IRB and HIPAA regulations with respect to all interaction and correspondence concerning human subjects.
- Monitor the activities of each Prevention Center Resource to assure appropriate staffing, capacity, resource and equipment upgrades and use to optimize revenue and assure solvency of the facility.
- Fiscally manage the resource by monitoring the Prevention Center user fee, Center and CCSG budgets to assure appropriate allocations and management within budget parameters. Prepare annual budget request(s) with accurate reports and justifications for resource support.
- Supervise and advise managers of each of the three resources fo the Prevention Center (Human Nutrition Lab, Exercise Facility and Research clinic). Conduct yearly performance evaluations of managerial and administrative staff. Approve leave for managerial staff.
- Serve as Prevention Center central contact by reviewing and establishing appropriate services and fee schedules for prospective clients. As required, assist clients in the preparation of PC specific information for grant applications and respond to general questions regarding Prevention Center protocols.
- Participate in the intake activities of each prospective client interested in utilizing the services of the Prevention Center. Discuss with client the nature of the study and whether it fits the criteria for PC use. Make introductions between prospective client and facility manager(s) as indicated by type of study and resource facility identified based on service request.
- Participate in client and facility meetings to provide information on application process, documents and information required by the Oversight Committee (OC) for application review, and activities to be considered in budgeting for PC services/use.
- Review materials submitted in application for PC services. Highlight information in study protocol that involve PC facilities and consolidate and submit full package to OC for review and determination for PC use. Act as liaison between OC and PI/research to facilitate and expediate study implemenation.
- Work with facility staff to provide full understanding of each study protocol and all activities involving the PC to develop a work schedule, a cost estimate and quote that will be acceptable to the client and that is within the client-established budget for PC use. Where necessary, negotiate with the client to establish a use and cost that is agreeable.
- Establish and deliver to the client a fee agreement based on negotiated and accepted cost estimates and parameters for PC service delivery. Coordinate the timing and scheduling of new client services consistent with staffing levels and facility capacity.
- With the assistance of Shared Resources, periodically review and update the fee schedule for PC services, provide report on use and capacity as required for facility Center support and annual Oversight Committee review.
- Schedule and set the agenda for monthly Prevention Center Manager's meetings to keep Director(s) advised of resource activities, determine needs of each resource to maintain its competitiveness in the research environment and troubleshoot any operation, client or volunteer issues for appropriate resolution.
- Schedule and set the agenda for the annual Oversight Committee meeting to keep members informed of role changes and chair rotations, review with members and legal staff any industry changes that will impact on prevention research operations, and review the budgets to keep members apprised of challenges and fiscal position.
- Update Prevention Center Standard Operating Procedures as required.
- Act as spokesperson for the Prevention Center and provide periodic presentations on behalf of FHCRC as requested by Development and the FHCRC Scientific Committee.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Operations management with minimum 5 years experience as a Department or Project manager in a clinical or research environment.
- Must have experience in budget development and fiscal management
- Must be computer literate and have excellent oral and written communicaiton skills.
- Bachelors degree with 5 years experience in a medical or research environment required.
- MPH, MS or graduate level education in health sciences preferred.
This is a regular part-time position (50% FTE).
Please include a cover letter with your submission.
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2295408-2647-8221