At Garvan our research is focused upon understanding the role of genes and molecular and cellular processes in health and disease as the basis for developing preventions and treatments. Our researchers work towards making significant breakthroughs in scientific discovery to positively impact human health.
This opportunity is for a specialist research officer to support our health professional genomics education programs through researching, trialling and evaluating innovative approaches. The focus of this role will be on mainstreaming genomic practice throughout the healthcare system. It is a part-time role base on 3 days per week.
Key responsibilities of this position will be:
- Build on existing research to identify and address educational needs in genomics practice for health professionals in Australia including GPs and allied health
- Conduct reviews of relevant literature, obtain ethics approval for research and evaluation work, assist with collecting and analysing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Consult with stakeholders and members of key audiences to plan, deliver and evaluate the effectiveness of activities and programs.
- Contribute to external and internal publications and reports, including preparation of grant applications and professional documentation produced by KCCG
- Establish maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders in genetics and genomics educational research, both externally and internally.
- Provide support and advice to genomics education and engagement research and evaluation projects.