The Production Scientist is responsible for the performance of a variety of laboratory tasks associated with the manufacture of cells, enzymes, vectors, and associated reagents that are used by life science researchers worldwide. Other responsibilities include:
- Follow established manufacturing and development procedures and for assisting in the development and documentation of new and scaled up production processes.
- Initiate and complete routine procedures, troubleshoot scientific problems, and interpret outcome of experiments in an independent and efficient manner.
- Comply with applicable regulations in areas such as ISO 13485, EPA, and OSHA.
- Manufacture cells, enzymes, vectors, and other reagents.
- Perform quality testing according to procedures, analyze data, document, and track results to ensure consistent product quality.
- Write and revise SOPs, BHR’s and other company documentation to ensure they are accurate and current.