Production Molecular Biology Lead
Full time / permanent, Cambridge/Fulbourn
Industry leading remuneration package which would include annual bonus scheme, company equity, private medical care, 10% pensions contribution and more!
Illumina Reproductive & Genetic Health (RGH):
Make a difference! Illumina RGH uses the power of genomics to understand and improve the reproductive success of humans. Join a team of award winning scientists, software developers and informaticians (Queens Award for Enterprise) that work at the forefront of personalized medicine and diagnostics. This is your chance to work with a company changing the way we think about human reproductive health and providing tools that may one day make inherited disease a thing of the past.
Illumina RGH’s site in Fulbourn, Cambridge serves as a R&D, marketing, software development and production facility housing over 60 people in a high tech facility. With laboratories and production facilities on site, this is a great place to work and really feel at the heart of the biotechnology revolution.
Illumina’s reproductive and genomics solutions use next-generation sequencing (NGS) and advanced microarray technologies to produce fast, accurate genomic information in clinical research and diagnostics. Combining industry-leading technologies with innovative reproductive and genetic health applications, Illumina provides the highest detection capability for genetic abnormalities during all stages of reproductive health and beyond. The state of the art production facility in Fulbourn, Cambridge is responsible for the production of several key Illumina product lines including 24Sure, a micro array product used to improve the success rates of in vitro fertilization.
- Leading a team responsible for the Quality Control of manufactured microarrays, associated raw materials, third-party supplied kits and the production and QC of consumable products
- Technical support and troubleshooting (microarray data interpretation) for both internal and external stakeholders
- Development and performance management of direct reports and Planning and effective utilization of available resources
- Process improvement and quality
- Validation of new automation and instrumentation used in production
- Transitioning new products into manufacturing
- Troubleshooting of technical issues to ensure product delivery using molecular biology skills
- Maintenance of specified product performance quality standards
- Effective validation and implementation of process improvement activities
- Manufacture and delivery of products, on time and in full, as specified and in accordance with requirements of the production plan
- Identify and implement efficient processes and team working practices
- Report to key stakeholders including the Production Manager, Assay Development, Bioinformatics and Quality Leads.