All About Us
Illumina is improving human health by unlocking the power of the genome. Our focus on innovation has established us as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies, serving customers in the research, clinical and applied markets. Our products are used for applications in the life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging segments.
lllumina has experienced phenomenal growth from $10 million in revenues in 2002 to approximately $2.2 billion in 2015. Forbes named Illumina #1 on the 2009 list of 25 Fastest-Growing Technology Companies in the United States, the second time over a three year period that Forbes ranked Illumina #1 on its list of rapidly growing technology companies. Illumina was also named #1 smartest company in the world as part of MIT’s 2014 Technology Review. As of February 2016, the company had a $21 billion market capitalization.
All About You
The Maintenance Technician 2 at Illumina will coordinate all PM and Repair activity to support Commercial Instrument repair at our San Diego facility.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Coordinate with multiple working groups the upcoming PM activities to ensure work is completed on-time
- Perform documented and undocumented maintenance activities
- Work with instrument systems that will require electrical, pneumatic and laser trouble-shooting
- Work with Vendors to schedule on-site maintenance
- Make suggestions for continuous improvement and cost savings.
- Comfortable working with electrical, pneumatic and laser based instruments
- Familiar with reading electrical and mechanical schematics
- Ability to maintain a strong level of organization in a fast paced environment
Preferred educational background:
- Any Associates degree, Military experience or 3 years’ experience working with a maintenance team
Preferred experiential background:
- Familiarity with spare parts used for manufacturing equipment
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Any technical background
Additional job information:
- This position has an open schedule that may include weekends and/or 12 hour shifts. Most likely Sun-Wed or Wed-Sat 6am-6pm.
- First year travel may be up to 10% for training.
EOE / Minorities / Females / Veterans / Disabled