We are looking for intelligent, motivated, enthusiastic individuals to join our Twist Bioscience Operations Team in San Francisco. The Production Line Specialist will be responsible for the manufacture and analysis of a variety of gene products across Twist Bioscience’s proprietary process workflow to meet the Twist production forecast and timelines.
The ideal candidate will be driven and will do what it takes to keep manufacturing on track in a fasted paced start-up environment. Appropriate qualified candidate will be considered at a supervisor level with a greater responsibility and as a main point of contact for operators and will provide guidance on priorities and troubleshooting. The Production Line Specialist will produce genes and various intermediates according to established SOPs and complete manufacturing batch records to contribute to the daily production schedule. The production Line Specialist will generate and/or update SOP and batch records to enhance process consistency. The ideal candidate will work independently, be very neat and organized, have excellent molecular biology skills, contribute to process improvement and documentation, and communicate effectively with peers / management. Knowledge of good laboratory practices (GLPs) is important. The Candidate must be comfortable working in a LEAN manufacturing/ controlled laboratory environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the:
- Manufacturing of high quality custom gene products in a high throughput MFG lab according to established SOPs.
- Generate SOPs and batch records to improve process consistency.
- Check WIP, consult stakeholders to set priorities and prioritize workflow for production personnel.
- Maintain thorough, accurate and detailed documentation/ databases of all work produced in batch records, databases or other acceptable formats including problems and deviations
- Operation of basic semi-automated / automated lab equipment for molecular biology workflow
- Tracking of metrics to track quality of product produced by both physical and functional test methods
- Understanding of scientific principles in order to problem solve, troubleshoot test results.
- Keen observation and attitude to proactively identify production problems/ solutions, provide solutions on lab techniques, protocols, processes, handling of product and equipment
- Upholding standards as defined by the manufacturing process
- Continuous improvement and good time management resulting in efficiency
- Support cost improvement initiatives by reducing failures, improving capacity and using supplies wisely. Reduce work in process, queues and cycle times
- Work in a safe manner
- Maintenance and calibration of select lab equipment
- Support production personnel who may have questions and need guidance.
- Train production personnel on new processes and/or changes to existing processes
- Work with the materials group to maintain proper levels of production material.