As a team member within the software engineering group, the Product Owner will lead activities as they relate to the understanding of immunology, flow cytometry, customers’ needs and business requirements and translating them into the software products.
- The successful candidate will use their understanding of customers’ needs and BD’s goals to prioritize the efforts of Agile scrum teams.
- Leads the planning product release plans and sets expectations for delivery of new functionalities.
- Plans and prioritizes product feature backlog and development for the product.
- Develops user stories and defines acceptance criteria.
- Provides backlog management, iteration planning and elaboration of the user stories.
- Leads sprint planning and grooming sessions.
- Assesses value, develops cases, and prioritizes stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Assesses internal and competitor’s software capabilities in order to build the best solutions for our customers.
- Maintains focus on our customers and the value BD can deliver to them. Works toward improving customer centricity in our products.
- Helps align stakeholders on business and system requirements, program functions and strategy.
- Plays a central role in requirements gathering, documentation and communication.
- Drives usability testing for all software applications.
- Keeps abreast of the US and ex-U.S. regulations affecting own area of product line management and complies with those requirements.
- Participates as required in training on regulatory issues affecting own area of work.
- Brings regulatory compliance questions/issues to the attention of the appropriate level of management.