At Affymetrix, we are passionate about enabling our customers, scientists, and clinicians to improve human health and wellness by understanding and applying biology for a better world. Our employees bring talent, creativity, collaboration, and energy to what they do. Join us at Affymetrix and make a difference.
Are you looking for an exciting challenge and the next step in your career? Do you want to be part of a global team transforming their business? We are looking for an energetic, creative Global Product Marketing Programs manager, who can bring their commercial and campaign development and execution experience to a role responsible for creating awareness of a diverse portfolio of products into the translational, basic and applied genomics research markets.
The Global Product Marketing Programs manager will be responsible for developing and executing bold outbound and inbound, fully integrated global marketing campaign plans for key products across the Expression Business Unit, with the primary aim to raise awareness and drive demand of newly launched products as well as key existing products within the portfolio.
Working closely with the Product Managers, the Global Product Marketing Programs manager will use their experience in digital, email, content and social media marketing to take global responsibility for product launch activities and regional commercial readiness. They will create exciting, fun and provocative campaigns in alignment with the product and market strategies, as well as develop globally applicable product sales and training tools. The successful candidate will represent the Business Unit in commercial and Regional Marketing initiatives, lead, communicate and align global campaigns with Regional activities.
As an individual who can build strong working relationships with a diverse set of departments across the organization, the Global Product Marketing Programs manager will interact cross functionally with Product Managers, customers, sales and support, regional marketing, marketing communications, and R&D to be the central point of accountability for commercial success driven by global campaign activity and sales tool creation.
The successful individual must have excellent written, verbal and content creation skills, a good track record in campaign creation and execution with demonstrated excellent ROI, understanding of the customer's research applications, a successful track record of commercial success, proficiency in project management of a wide variety of projects, as well as possessing a strong technical background coupled with excellent commercial intuition. The successful candidate will be flexible and thrive in a team environment as well as show initiative and execute tasks of their own accord.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define and implement comprehensive outbound, inbound and content marketing programs (excluding tradeshow management) for new product launches, and demand generation for key existing products.
- Define and deliver effective sales support tools including application notes, presentations, brochures, flyers and training programs required by customer facing staff.
- Works collaboratively with the regional marketing and marketing communications team to ensure successful commercialization of new products, develop awareness campaigns and marketing materials to drive adoption and exceed revenue goals for the product portfolio.
- Work with Marcom and CRM to develop ROI and marketing dashboards to monitor success of campaigns. Make adjustments to optimize performance based on results.
- Be the Expression Business Unit represent and the central point of contact for all regional marketing campaign initiatives involving the commercial teams, including Regional Marketing, Sales and Marketing and Communications teams.
- Collect and provide market and competitor information, analysis, and intelligence.
- Be the “voice of the customer” by understanding, synthesizing, and concisely communicating customer needs to internal teams.
- Responds to internal and external inquiries
- Complies with company quality management systems, policies and procedures
- Provides mentorship, if applicable
- Additional duties/responsibilities according to business needs