Twist Biosciences is recruiting a Product Manager to support the upcoming launch of its next generation DNA libraries. In the role (s)he will drive an effort that is charged with taking a product from inception to commercialization. (S)he will work on both a strategic and tactical level by owning the entire product life cycle as well as defining a commercialization plan that enables accelerated adoption within the target market, specifically the pharmaceutical market. Within this scope, (s)he must be able to analyze the market by identifying trends, assessing the competition, conducting customer voice surveys and identifying opportunities that can be addressed, allowing for the definition of requirements that lead to well-differentiated products with a strategic market fit. The ideal candidate must also possess a keen understanding of the target market and their behavior to ensure a successful commercial roll out.
(S)he must possess a unique blend of startup style "get-it-done" mentality as well as the rigor associated with mature product development processes. Proposed product concepts will be expected to solve real customer pain points, increase the overall value of the business and deliver a measurable return on R&D investment.
(S)he must be able to communicate with all areas of the company and work collaboratively across different functional teams to ensure efficient use of resources in efforts to meet the planned market release, refine the product message and with the R&D team to understand the finer technical details. (S)he will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for the product.
- Work across multiple disciplines to distill market data, including competitive information, into product requirements that define well-differentiated DNA libraries product
- Understand key market trends and competitive landscape
- Create alignment for product concept across all parts of the business
- Integrate with R&D, informatics, production, program managers, designers and external vendors to insure the final product will satisfy a true customer need and exceptional support plan is in place to ensure adoption and retention
- Establish collaborative relationships with key partners to validate the product concept
- Work collaboratively with other product managers and program managers to clearly define positioning, key benefits and execute launch plans and ensure product adoption
- Own and communicate the product message towards the production of collateral and product documentation associated with new product launch
- Train and support sales staff with up to date product knowledge and positioning
- Assist in the development of the product support structure and organization