DNA Genotek, a wholly owned subsidiary of OraSure Technologies Inc., is a Canadian biotech company that has become the recognized world leader in DNA collection products and services. Our success is based on the strong relationships we've built with our customers and the exceptional talent of our employees. We pride ourselves on offering a fun, positive and high performance environment that supports the continued growth and development of all employees. We hope you are interested in joining our team as we are currently in search of a Product Manager, Infectious Disease.
You are responsible for the product line contribution to the Infectious Disease business. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to ensuring the successful definition, planning, and introduction of new products. You will focus on emerging infectious diseases (such as HIV, HCV, Ebola, TB, Malaria); you will build products from existing ideas, and work with the program leader to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You will work with the Program Leader to drive revenue and profitability targets, price and margin strategies and new product strategy. You will provide day-to-day product sustaining management and work with your marketing colleagues to drive innovative marketing strategies. You possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive and organization to make that vision a reality as you lead the cross-functional team through new product introduction. You enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems and find innovative solutions for the broader market and clearly communicate these needs across the business at all levels.
Additionally you will:
- Ensure the successful planning, definition, introduction and on-going support of defined products and/or services related to emerging infectious diseases.
- Work closely with the program/business unit leader to deliver on the program targets and strategy.
- Apply lifecycle management principles to the product portfolio by:
- Developing product roadmaps, including variety and timing of new product launches
- Analyzing product revenue and margin, and drive actions as appropriate
- Provide recommendations to the program/business unit leader for product and service decisions regarding introduction, evolution, market access, market growth, and product discontinuation decisions.
- Identify and quantify new product opportunities and/or enhancements by:
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going input from customers and non-customers.
- Quantifying opportunity with total available market, competitive landscape, pricing, revenue & gross margin predictions
- Drive the definition and launch of new products, including management of the cross-functional planning, implementation, and risk management of the plan with key stakeholders in Research and Development, Operations, Regulatory, Quality, and Sales and Marketing.
- Complete and review all required product documentation to support new product introduction, quality and regulatory requirements
- Contribute to all components of marketing plans for assigned products to ensure the achievement of financial expectations and product line strategies and work with Marketing Prime to ensure product positioning and messaging are communicated effectively to stimulate demand.
- Track pipeline activities, conduct and deliver win/loss interviews and reports
- Work with sales and marketing to use market research and voice of the customer feedback in specific regions and customer segments to understand the market evolution and competitive forces and create segment specific product strategies and offerings.
- Aid in the forecasting process; sales analysis, funnel reviews and implementation updates as input to monthly planning process.
- Communicate and present to all organizational levels and functional areas where influence and purchasing decisions are made.
- Work with Business Development to analyze potential partner relationships for the product portfolio
- Ensure customer centric interactions which deliver an exceptional customer experience.