Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Are you looking to join a product marketing team to help grow one of the leading global HPLC and LC/MS column portfolios supporting biopharmaceutical industry? Here is your opportunity to join the rapidly growing marketing team in the Chemistries and Supplies Division (CSD) within Agilent. This is a great opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment on the Product Marketing team to help drive the strategy for the chromatography column portfolio to grow the business. Through cross functional collaborations and interactions with other Agilent business units and customers, you'll develop new products that help develop new consumable separation technologies and workflow solutions in biopharmaceutical space.
This position is critical to Agilent's mission to inspire and support discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• Experience with product management in the chemical analysis and life sciences or other related industries
• Demonstrated experience with HPLC or LC/MS analysis of biologics, including monoclonal antibodies, therapeutic proteins, pegylated proteins, peptides and other biologically derived products is preferred
• Strong organizational skills demonstrating the ability to deliver to commitments.
• Ability to work collaboratively to develop effective strategies and programs that result in successful new product introductions which meet revenue forecasts.
• Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate Agilent vision and strategy to internal and external partners. Regular presentations to the business team.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize based on alignment with business goals and strategic drivers.
• Demonstrated analytical & strategic thinking skills used to analyze market trends, conduct market research/intelligence gathering, analyze business performance data allowing for accurate trend assessments and forecasting.
• Conduct competitive analysis to determine product positioning, market segmentation, channel mix, pricing, volume, product service/support strategy and identifies customer needs.
• Ability to develop product definitions and solution plans designed to address customer needs and/or expand market share.
• Evaluate business opportunities to define and optimize the product portfolio through analysis and in-depth understanding of targeted markets, market trends, customer business issues, and the competitive environment.
• Ability to drive collaborations with our HPLC and LCMS instrument teams to align our HPLC Column products with new workflows enabling more efficient customer outcomes
• Ability to convert technical input to high impact marketing content and tools in collaboration with global and regional MPM
• Present at conferences and travel with field members as required to drive business, customer loyalty and awareness
• Typically 4-5 years relevant work experience and/ or an equivalent combination of applicable education and work experience with minimum of 2-4 years in product management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to travel worldwide as required up to 30% of the time
• Demonstrated experience working with scientists using HPLC and LCMS technologies in pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries
• Developing technical relationships and collaborations with industry leading scientists at target Pharmaceutical/Biopharmaceutical markets, as the business requires
• Working and communicating in a worldwide, matrixed, cross functional team environment which includes R&D, marketing, manufacturing, sales and quality teams as well as other business units
• Sales or other field related experience
• Familiarity with HPLC and LCMS based biopharmaceutical workflows
• Prior experience with product lifecycle processes for product development
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.