Nanostring is seeking an experienced, dynamic Product Manager to drive development of new technologies and sustain the company's existing genomics product line. This role will require a high degree of technical expertise balanced by sound business acumen. The ability to synthesize diverse types of information and distill knowledge down to key findings and consequent actions will be essential to success in this role. The candidate will demonstrate a thorough understanding of current market needs for genomic analysis and emerging genomic technologies. This is an opportunity to support continued growth of NanoString's core genomics business and participate in development of the next generation of technologies for the nCounter Platform.
- Product Conceptualization: Responsible for defining compelling product concepts, creating product positioning and value propositions, writing product requirements, proposing pricing strategies, and generating financial models.
- Product Development and Commercialization: Support product development and enhancement initiatives by providing inputs to development teams, developing product documentation, managing beta and early access programs, etc.
- Product Sustaining: Provide timely support to regional field teams and distributors.
- Product Lifecycle Management: Identify opportunities to enhance the product or customer experience and develop proposals for their implementation. Execute product obsolescence plans.
- Market Research and Analysis: Perform focused research projects including requirements gathering, competitive analysis, market segmentation, pricing/margin analysis, etc.
- Marketing Communications: Develop and implement sales support tools and training programs required by customer-facing staff. Work with Marketing Communications Team to develop campaigns and collateral.