GenoLogics, an Illumina company, is looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Analyst interested in testing applications that incorporate hybrid software and hardware systems as well as full-stack web applications. GenoLogics builds modern web applications that support leading edge genetic science. From cancer research to pharmaceuticals to forensics and more – we build software that matters and is making a difference. Our bioinformatics software enables researchers, scientists, geneticists and clinicians to manage the complex workflows required to successfully sequence the genome. We do interesting and important work. This is an opportunity to work as part of talented team and develop world-class products.
This is an Agile Scrum Product Owner position as part of the Integration Team. As a Product Owner for Integrations you will be joining experienced Scrum teams: our Core Teams, who focus on Clarity LIMS; our Integrations Team, who focus on integrating Clarity with scientific instruments and applications using Clarity’s REST API; and our external contracting teams, that handle burst capacity for large projects with partners and customers. As a Product Owner you will have a direct Product Ownership role for all integrations developed for Clarity LIMS. You will have overall responsibility for each integration release and will ensure that User Stories are written with enough detail information for the integration development team to create a complete integration package and for the QA team to write test plans. You will act as a conduit between various internal and external stakeholders, including the product management team, and the integration and core development teams to ensure successful translation of those User Stories into industry leading software.
Candidates must have at least two years or equivalent experience in the role of Product Owner. This role will benefit from a hybrid background in life sciences, project management, and software development. Experience or understanding of Laboratory Information Managements Systems, as used in clinical and/or research genomic labs, is a distinct benefit. Strong communication and presentation skills are essential.
- Thriving in the role of Product Owner – supporting the integration development team
- Defining, prioritizing, and clarifying User Stories in collaboration with the Product Manager and other Product Owners.
- Ensuring each project’s success through clear priorities, regular backlog grooming, regular evaluation of progress, and clear communications;
- Collaborating with the Product Manager to understand product requirements (use cases, features, business and technical domain rules, and overall product goals) and to communicate development risks in order to prioritize implementations in a collaborative environment;
- Collaborating with the Integrations Development Team to run successful Release Planning and Sprint Planning, Reviews, and Retrospectives.
- Understanding, supporting, and communicating inter-team dependencies;
- Participating in Sprint Planning to ensure priorities are clear and stories are understood;
- Creating workflows for integrations
- Creating documentations for integrations
- Working with the Technical Writer to complete documentations for integrations;
- Validating completed work during the development process; and
- Demonstrating completed work during sprint reviews.
- Strong knowledge of Agile development methodologies (especially Scrum and Kanban), practices, and tools.
- Experience with writing User Stories, grooming Product Backlogs, and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements;
- At least 2 years experience in an Agile Scrum environment;
- A minimum of 2 years or equivalent experience as an Agile Scrum Product Owner;
- Experience with development of software applications, especially web applications;
- Experience leading a team of people;
- Outstanding technical and non-technical communications skills.
- Certified as a Scrum Product Owner;
- Experience with development of SaaS products;
- High-level knowledge of web application architectures;
- Experience with user-interface design;
- Experience working with Product Managers and teams of Product Owners;
- Experience working in a genomics core facility or research organization;
- Life Sciences or Computer Science B.Sc. or higher
- Experience working with distributed/remote teams;
- Experience with any of the following is a plus and should be called out in your application:
- Laboratory information management systems (LIMS);
- Electronic lab notebooks (ELN);
- Electronic medical or health record systems (EMR/EHR);
- Experience with bioinformatics;
- Custom databases for tracking & managing scientific results;
- Statistical and analytical software, commercial or academic;
- Genomics knowledge base systems, commercial or academic.
- Experience in next-gen sequencing or clinical diagnostic labs.
Headquartered in San Diego, California, Illumina (NASDAQ: ILMN), is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of next generation life science tools and integrated systems for large-scale analysis of genetic variation and biological function. These systems are enabling studies that were not even imaginable just a few years ago, and moving us closer to the realization of personalized medicine. With the innovative advances in our sequencing technologies, we are rapidly impacting the clinical market in areas such as reproductive health and oncology. The expanding Illumina oncology portfolio of next- generation sequencing NGS and microarray technologies is revolutionizing cancer genomics research. Our customers include a broad range of academic, government, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and other leading institutions around the globe.
lllumina has experienced phenomenal growth from $10 million in revenues in 2002 to over $2.4 billion in 2016. Forbes named Illumina #1 on the 2009 list of 25 Fastest-Growing Technology Companies in the United States, the second time over a three year period that Forbes ranked Illumina #1 on its list of rapidly growing technology companies. Illumina was also named #1 smartest company in the world as part of MIT’s 2014 Technology Review. As of April 2017, the company had a $25 billion market capitalization.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.