We are looking for a Product Manager to manage our growing product line for single cell analysis. This role will report to the Product Fellow. S/he will be responsible for leading the execution of 10X Genomics product management, ensuring the 10x single cell products are positioned, placed, promoted and specified correctly.
A 10x product manager communicates product vision to development and implementation teams. The product manager investigates, selects, and drives the development of products for 10x Genomics. A product manager considers numerous factors such as intended demographic, competitive products, and how well the product fits with the company's business model.
The product manager manages the complexity and profitability of the products. Product managers must work well with customers and understand the problems the product is intended to solve.
A product manager is responsible for orchestrating the various activities associated with ensuring that a product is delivered that meets users' needs. A product manager's role varies as the product moves through its lifecycle; earlier in the development process the product manager meets the intended audience of the product to engage in requirements derivation whereas later in the lifecycle the product manager's primary focus may be in what makes the product acceptable to the customer. Throughout all the stages of the product development process, the product manager represents the needs of end-users, evaluates market trends and competition, and uses this information to determine which features to build. For example, a product manager may decide a feature is needed because users need it, or because the feature is needed to stay competitive. In order to facilitate this decision making process the product manager may set out a vision for the product or a general framework for making product decisions. The product manager also ensures an atmosphere of cohesiveness and focused collaboration between all the members of the team, all in the interest of driving the product forward.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop, execute and monitor the marketing plan including revenue and product milestones.
- Routinely and accurately forecast product demand (i.e., product quantities and dollars, orders, shipments).
- Drive a high level of interaction and engagement between other departments (e.g., Sales, Technical Support and R&D) to ensure coordination of activities and alignment on common goals.
- Represents Marketing as a viable core team member within 10x’s Single Cell Project Team.
- Responsible for competitive strategy/pricing strategy to achieve market share objectives within relevant profitability bounds for 10x’s Single Cell products.
- Implements and maintains "best practices" in brand marketing and product development marketing.
- Works in collaboration with marketing communications to bring new products to market.
- Ensures market information is acquired, competitive activity is monitored, and customer needs are identified.
- Partners with R&D, Regulatory, Operations, Sales and other functional teams to develop new products relevant to growth.
- Provides sales support and training to worldwide Sales Team and distributors for the Single Cell products.
- Partners with Marcom to develop key sales collateral and awareness vehicles to drive demand for the Single Cell products.