All About Us
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.2 billion in 2015. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies list three years running, including #1 in 2014. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.
As an Illumina Product Engineer you will be an engineer responsible for the health of one of Illumina’s industry leading consumable product lines. From vendors to customers, from development to high volume production sustaining, you will be responsible for working across the organization to improve quality and yields to ensure customers are getting the best consumables on the market.
• Support production areas with yield & quality monitoring and continuous improvement, investigation, leadership and technical mentoring
• Work with Process Engineering, Quality, Suppliers and Customer Support to troubleshoot production line issues related to yield and quality
• Provide technical expertise and leadership to resolve issues
• Analyze production and QC data, test results, issues reports, and lends technical guidance
• Provide analytical data support and product expertise for development teams
• Work with Quality and product groups to resolve quality and reliability problems with customers
• In conjunction with R&D, conduct controlled new product optimization tests (including DOEs) and experiments for release into production environment
• Assist in defining technical requirements for new products
• Provide feedback of information to process owners and leads teams to resolve quality issues
• Recommend and implements new QC techniques where needed
• Interface with and monitor suppliers to improve product quality and yield
• Provide team leadership to development teams