The Oncotype DX U.S. market Product Director is responsible for leading the cross-functional Prostate Cancer product marketing efforts, Commercial Team and the overall commercialization of the Prostate Cancer Assay. As such the Product Director will lead the brand direction and collaborate closely with Sales Management, Marketing Services, Managed Care, Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Commercial Operations, Corporate Communications to drive the formulation and execution of the Brand Plan. The Product Director will also manage, coach and develop a team of Product Managers and Marketing Specialists who are responsible for executing key components of the Brand Plan. This person will also be the lead for managing the Advertising Agency and various Vendor projects for this product and geography. This comprehensive commercial responsibility will require a clear and directive style that is able to engage a broad set of teams to work cohesively and efficiently in a fast paced setting.
The ideal candidate will have proven leadership ability of a high performing cross functional team, strong strategic marketing and analytical skills as well as highly effective communication/messaging skills. Recent experience in marketing proprietary Prostate cancer products to urologists, medical and radiation oncologists, pathologists, nurse practioneersand/or medical assistants is essential. Experience in commercializing both therapeutics and diagnostics would be considered an advantage, although not a prerequisite.
Success in this position will require broad strategic thinking, strong clinical knowledge, attention to detail and the ability to carry out multiple tasks in parallel in a dynamic and demanding cross functional team environment. Competitive candidates will possess significant, relevant marketing experience in the field of prostate cancer, with a demonstrated ability to master complex scientific material and ability to work with US thought leaders and other physicians. Competitive candidates will possess strong presentation skills as they will be presenting to diverse audiences, including the field sales force, executive team, and medical teams, and potentially external audiences.
Given the extensive contact the Marketing Department has with multiple internal and external parties, strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills are essential. The Oncotype DX Prostate Product Director should enjoy working in an ever-changing office and market environment and be able to maintain composure and poise in sometimes-hectic situations.
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Marketing, Marketing team, Sales Management; Marketing Services, Managed Care, Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Corporate Communications, Commercial Operations, and Clinical Development to achieve successful product adoption and launches of product extensions.
- Develop a comprehensive Brand Plan for the Oncotype DX Prostate Cancer Assay including branding/positioning/messaging/promotional and competitive strategies and supportive /medical affairs activities.
- Establish a clear and aligned communication plan that leverages the publications and timing to align for subsequent materials and direction for field sales force.
- Develop promotional tools including brochures, advertisements, and online content to convey messages and support awareness, education, and in doing so optimize the Channel Strategy for the Oncotype DX Prostate Cancer Assay.
- Ensure comprehensive training of the Sales force on key data, key messages, positioning, competitive strategies/positioning and all promotional tools and programs.
- Analyze current market research in order to drive plans and coordinate all future market research, working closely with Market Research Analyst.
- Manage marketing budget for prostate franchise.
- Work closely with field sales and managed care teams to develop and train on positioning and messaging for rapid adoption and customer education.
- Present a variety of material in front of diverse audiences, from All Company Meetings to Field Sales Meetings, Trade Shows, Executive Meetings, board meetings, and other relevant audiences. The ability to inform and inspire is critical.
- Exhibits strong people management and leadership skills, coaching, inspiring and mentoring direct reports within the team and across the Commercial organization.
- Develop national prostate cancer thought-leader advocates & coordinate participation in advisory boards and speaker development programs.
- Work with the Corporate Communications & Advocacy team to develop consistent messages, and innovative digital/social media programs for Media and Patient audiences.
- Master complex scientific information at a high level in order to analyze clinical studies by Genomic Health and other parties in the field of genomics and present this analysis to diverse audiences.
- Maintain professional, engaging and patient focused communications with all internal and external audiences. Maintain confidentiality as it pertains to sensitive scientific data, HIPAA protected information, SEC-protected filings and other designated topics, at all times.
- Genomic Health, while fast-growing, is still an evolving company where the marketing group covers a broad scope of responsibility with limited resources. An ability and willingness to roll up sleeves, multi-task and complete multiple projects across different areas is critical.