Product Development & Systems Integration Scientist (Illumina DNA Sequencing Technologies)
Chesterford Research Park, Cambridgeshire, UK Full Time / Permanent
Competitive remuneration package which includes annual bonus scheme, 10% pension, membership to the company share purchase scheme, gym membership and more!
Do you have a broad scientific/technical background and are looking to leverage this into product development?
Are you enthused by the prospect of genomics, it’s applications, and the technology that underpins it?
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with the world leader in NGS technology?
Illumina currently has an opportunity for a Research Associate to join a dynamic, team-oriented workplace and help create genomic analysis products used at the forefront of research into disease association and personalized medicine. The successful candidate position will perform genome sequencing and data analysis on various Illumina platforms and will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to deliver projects as part of the Consumables Product Development group.
As an Integration Scientist at Illumina you will work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment. You will participate in the development of high quality, robust products through the integration of hardware, software and chemistry components. You will also design and execute test plans and optimize systems product performance. This position will require working as a part of multidisciplinary team developing state-of- the-art technology
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Hands-on testing and integration of DNA sequencing systems - hardware, firmware, software, chemistry/reagents and application components.
- Work in a team in order to troubleshoot and diagnose faults in instrumentation ranging from fluidic to computer hardware issues and optics
- Execute test plans to validate product performance
- Contribute to the ongoing development of Illumina's DNA sequencing systems, testing of new equipment and reagents.
- Data analysis, interpretation and presentation of results
- Sample preparation and reagent preparation