When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are looking for an Application Specialist, or Product Specialist to join our high-performance genetic analysis applications team based in South San Francisco, CA. This person will work in a very dynamic and fast paced environment with a focus on developing applications using our Genetic Analyzers (such as Sanger sequencing and Fragment technologies). The candidate will be involved in cutting edge application development and customer support.
- Identify, develop and manage scientific collaborations with customers and KOLs to generate proof of concept data and drive penetration into key application areas.
- Acts as member of Core Team (product development) responsible for Product Applications and Customer Support.
- Key expertise in developing tools for application areas like oncology, infectious diseases is desirable.
- Generate data and create technical content for marketing collateral and sales tools, including application notes, technical notes, and user guides.
- Serve as in house technical expert on genetic analysis products.
- Provide high-level technical support to internal and external customers on genetic analysis products.
- Coordinate high-level trouble shooting activities with product management, manufacturing, and R&D to drive for resolution.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners, including marketing, R&D, manufacturing and sales to achieve business objectives.
- Work with Product Managers to effectively manage beta and early access sites.
- Provides strategic and competitive feedback to Product Marketing and product development teams.
- Participate in key sales situations for the product.
- Create and give technical presentations at conferences, workshops, and customer sites.
- Develop and improve key processes that support our mission of building a world-class commercial marketing organization.
- Masters or PhD in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology; related discipline or equivalent preferred.
- 4+ years experience in the life science industry working with worldwide customers.
- Deep experience with sequencing, both Sanger and NGS technologies preferred.
- Clear vision of and commitment to providing outstanding customer focus.
- Strong team working, collaboration and partnership attitude.
- Ability also to work independently to plan, prioritize workload, assess, and solve problems.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; Comfortable presenting to high level audiences both internally and externally.
- Up to 25% business travel.
- Experience with Thermo Fisher instruments and downstream analysis preferred.
- Experience with combining genomic and protein applications is desirable.
- Knowledge of high throughput data analysis and statistics is desirable.