- Use existing tools to monitor the performance of lab processes.
- Conduct evaluations to better understand the current lab process and potential areas of improvement.
- Identify continuous improvement projects based on performance data and process evaluation discussions.
- Troubleshoot recurring problems to identify root cause, especially when they impact more than one department.
- Serve as an escalation point for lab groups to help resolve local area problems.
- Serve as a key technical resource in cross-functional project teams to ensure communication throughout the project.
- Participate in large project/validation teams for new products and processes.
- Complying with the laboratory's technical, administrative and safety policies and procedures.
- Participating in the laboratory's quality assurance plan, adhering to quality control and preventive maintenance policies and appropriately documenting these activities.
- Following the laboratory's policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within acceptable limits and documenting the problem and any corrective action.
- Troubleshooting and identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance and/or reporting of test results by initiating corrective action and using the defined electronic system to make the required management notification.
- Performing proficiency testing in the same manner as routine samples.
- Actively participating in successful and timely completion of training and competency assessment as outlined in the laboratory and departmental training programs.
- Where competency has not been approved by supervision, will work under the direct supervision of an employee competent on the task.
- Participating in continuing education according to accepted laboratory standards.
- Participates in departmental and cross-functional teams to resolve problems or implement projects.
- Serves as a trainer or mentor on technical processes within the group.
- Meets minimum regulatory education requirements:
- Master's degree in clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science, or,
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory/medical technology science, or
- Meets minimum internal education and experience requirements:
- Master's degree as described above with 6 months clinical lab experience, or
- Bachelor's degree as described above with 2 years of lab experience including at least six months clinical lab experience
Physical and Mental Requirements of the job:
Repetitive Motion, Analyzing, Processing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/j8sn54f6r3wrh3yb