* Use existing tools to monitor the performance of lab processes.
* Conduct evaluations to better understand the current lab process and potential areas of improvement.
* Identify continuous improvement projects based on performance data and process evaluation discussions.
* Troubleshoot recurring problems to identify root cause, especially when they impact more than one department.
* Serve as an escalation point for the lab to help resolve local area problems.
* Serve as a key technical resource in cross-functional project teams to ensure communication throughout the project.
* Complying with the laboratory’s technical, administrative and safety policies and procedures.
* Participating in the laboratory’s quality assurance plan, adhering to quality control and preventive maintenance policies and appropriately documenting these activities.
* Following the laboratory’s policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within acceptable limits and documenting the problem and any corrective action.
* Troubleshooting and identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance and/or reporting of test results by initiating corrective action and using the defined electronic system to make the required management notification.
* Performing proficiency testing in the same manner as routine samples.
* Actively participating in successful and timely completion of training and competency assessment as outlined in the laboratory and departmental training programs.
* Where competency has not been approved by supervision, will work under the direct supervision of an employee competent on the task.
* Participating in continuing education according to accepted laboratory standards.
* Participates in departmental and cross-functional teams to resolve problems or implement projects.
* Serves as a trainer or mentor on technical processes within the group.
* Meets minimum regulatory education requirements:
- Master’s degree in clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science, or,
- Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory/medical technology science, or
* Meets minimum internal education and experience requirements:
- Master’s degree as described above with 6 months clinical lab experience, or
- Bachelor’s degree as described above with 2 years of lab experience including at least six months clinical lab experience
Physical and Mental Requirements of the job:
Repetitive Motion, Analyzing, Processing