Under close supervision, performs a variety of processing duties according to batch record and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) in the manufacturing department including cleaning,weighing,fabricating, coating, pouching, cartoning, and packaging. This is an entry-level position to the Process Operator class series.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws.
- Reports process or equipment problems to supervisor; performs minor or basic troubleshooting.
- Ensures batch records, equipment log books, and other relevant records are current; performs batch record reconciliation.
- Sets-up and operates equipment for processing operations.
- Cleans and maintains processing rooms and equipment.
- Monitors process and equipment and makes necessary adjustments to maintain batch record specifications.
- Monitors product quality.
- Follows established department SOP's and batch record instructions.
- Complies with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations.
- Performs related duties as assigned.Knowledge of:
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), DEA and other regulatory requirements.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- SOP's, cGMP's, equipment and safety practices.
- Proper English grammar and punctuation.
- Standard Operating Procedures for process rooms and manufacturing area.
- GMP compliance in a regulated work environment.
- Manufacturing processes and equipment procedures.
- Record keeping skills.
- Basic math skills. Different units of measurement (i.e., weight, size, volume.
High School diploma or equivalent and prefer one (1) year of work experience in a manufacturing environment.
High School diploma or equivalent.