All About Us
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.2 billion in 2015. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies list three years running, including #1 in 2014. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.
*Please note this is a 1st shift position, candidates will need to be available: Tuesday-Saturday 6:00 am - 2:30 pm
We are looking for driven, talented Process Engineering Technicians to join our growing Life Cycle Management (LCM) group. The LCM group works as an integral part of our Consumables Manufacturing process and is tasked with introducing new manufacturing processes and increasing process and product robustness within our high volume production environments
(Flow Cells, Reagents, Microarrays & Digital Microfluidics). These individuals will provide technical support to new product introduction, production process development, improvement and sustaining efforts. Additionally, these teams will partner cross-functionally with R & D, Quality, Production and other engineering groups to develop processes for new products and sustain and improve processes for existing products.
All About You
- Assist Process and Product Engineers in providing direct support to troubleshooting, sustaining and continuous improvement for consumables production lines related to yield, quality and throughput.
- Assist with design and execution of controlled experiments to optimize processes; document and analyze process test results.
- Recommend and help implement improvements in a production environment to meet production goals across multiple operations and technologies.
- Participate in equipment and process validation execution, data collection and summaries.
- Work with Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality teams to develop processes for new products and improve processes of existing products.
- Support definition of technical requirements procedures for Production to process product.
- Work experience in the biotech, pharmaceutical or semiconductor industries is desirable.
- Experience with high volume production in a high tech, high volume consumables industry is a plus.
- Experience with developing consumables processes and products a plus.
- Working knowledge of GMP production a plus.
- Experience with chemical or surface chemistry processes (preferably organic) preferred.
- Good math and analytical skills required. Experience summarizing data required.
- High level of computer skills a plus. Working knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel required.
- Experience with production improvement activities required.
- Good verbal and written documentation skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to execute medium complexity tasks and experiments with some supervision required.
- High School or Associates Degree with at least 4 years of relevant experience in a consumables manufacturing setting.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.