Pacific Biosciences is looking for an experienced Surface Chemist (Process Engineer) ready to work on our cutting-edge single molecule sequencing devices. This position provides an exciting opportunity to work with outstanding scientists and engineers in a highly multidisciplinary environment. The successful candidate will have a strong background in surface functionalization for biological applications, including analysis of surface physical and functional properties, process scale-up and control, and large volume data analysis.
- Monitoring & scale up of our wafer-scale surface activation processes.
- Collaborating with R&D on surface functionalization improvements and ramp up to production volumes, CIP activities, excursion prevention and recovery.
- Quality control through application of SPC.
- Responsible for evaluating existing processes, equipment, metrology and developing new processes that improve throughput, yield, cost and quality.
- Characterization of functionalized surface and defects.
- Design and execution of experiments using complex prototype instruments.