Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
The Process Development Scientist will lead the production group to perform antibody production related to cell culture, tissue embedding, antibody purification and downstream processing and qualification.
Job duties will include:
• Interpreting results, independently troubleshoot and resolve production and development issues.
• Performing all production processes in accordance with GMP.
• Optimizing existing processes and protocols to improve production efficiency.
• Leading development and validation of new testing methods and processes, draft new protocols.
• Taking part in cross functional team projects.
• Working within larger production group to ensure production meets all specifications and regulatory compliance.
• Working towards production and project timelines to ensure deadlines are met. Strong continuous improvement mindset.
The top candidate will be well versed in statistical techniques and ability to apply methods to develop working solutions to production issues as well as applying methods to develop new production processes. Participate in education and evaluation of new technologies or processes. Participation in presentation of data to cross functional teams as well as learning engagements for staff. Mentor staff and work effectively across production workflows.
• Master's or PhD in biology, biochemistry, chemistry or related scientific field and/ or combination of education
• 3+ years of relevant industry experience.
• Adept at independently identifying, developing, and implementing scientific solutions to practical problems.
• Strong technical background and experience with protein purification, cell culture, transfection, bioreactor processing, as well as standard lab techniques including but not limited to IHC, SDS-PAGE, ELISA, HPLC.
• Highly skilled at drafting SOPs and validation reports.
• Experience with quality management including risk assessment and change controls.
• Knowledge of regulations related to biologics manufacturing and testing.
• Must work well within a fast paced, dynamic and team oriented environment.
• Possess excellent organizational, communication, and problem solving skills.
• Good writing and presentation skills.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.