Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (FHCRC), home of three Nobel laureates, is an independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer and other potentially fatal diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone-marrow transplantation, the Center's five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science. FHCRC, in collaboration with its clinical and research partners, the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's, is the only National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest. Join us and make a difference.
An Associate position is immediately available in the Process Development group. The position involves the development and optimization of cell processing unit operations including cell selections from starting tissues, genetic modifications (viral transduction, electroporation, etc.), expansion conditions, media/cytokine optimization, cell harvests, cryopreservation, and freeze-thaw recovery. In addition, this position assists in the development of robust and repeatable analytical methods to characterize starting, in-process and final, formulated cellular products. Overall, development activities generate robust, scalable processes to support toxicology studies, transfer and product introduction into a GMP Cell Processing manufacturing facility, and IND generation to enable clinical trial initiation.
As a Process Development Associate, the position acts as a key individual and team contributor within the lab with respect to coordinating activities, ensuring standardized procedures/data analysis, generating technical reports, and defining overall operational efficiency. This position interacts heavily with internal and external research scientists, GMP manufacturing staff, Analytical Development, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, and other scientific staff, as needed.
- BS/MS (or higher) in an engineering or biological sciences discipline
- 7+ years experience in bioprocess development supporting GMP cell culture based manufacturing operations
- 3+ years representing the Process Development function on CMC project teams
Experience in the following technical areas:
- static and/or suspension cell cultures in flasks and bioreactors (fed-batch; fixed and/or disposable bioreactor systems)
- cell culture media development and optimization studies
- associated downstream unit operations such as tangential flow filtration, continuous centrifugation, etc.
- cryopreservation and recovery of frozen cells
- Familiarity with trouble-shooting issues associated with process scale-up and transfer into GMP a manufacturing setting; experience generating process transfer documentation
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2360992-2647-1621