All About Us
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.4 billion in 2016. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its “World’s Smartest Companies” list each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.
- Key role in the engineering team responsible for informatics platform for genomics
- Lead the architecture of multiple platform services using micro service, multi-tenancy, and scalable architectures
- Lead the transformation of monolith applications into micro service based platform services
- Provide architecture oversight over 4-6 scrum teams with total team size of 25-30 developers and testers.
- Develop quantitative benchmarks to assess performance of new architecture vis-à-vis current architecture
- Willing to role up the sleeves and develop POCs, and participate in the development of high complexity projects
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science or Engineering
- 12+ years of hands on experience in software architecture and implementation
- Proven ability to architect SaaS analytics platforms for flexibility, stability, and scale.
- Hands-on experience with implementing high performance, multi-tenant, big data, analytics, and high availability design pattern for SaaS analytics platform
- Having experience in moving applications from a monolith to a micro-services based architecture and migrating data across different technologies/ data models in a phased and automated manner is a big plus
- Master of both SQL (MySQL, PostGres, etc) and NoSQL (MongoDb, Cassendra, Elastic Search, etc) databases and data mining technologies and architectures
- Experience with AWS services such as ECS, Lambda, Redshift, SQS, etc is a plus
- A pragmatic problem-solver who can identify the essence of a problem and deliver simple, elegant solutions to that problem
- Good knowledge of responsive design
- Experience with Spring-boot framework or similar ones.
- Experience with API and micro services development with exposure to using a 12-factor apps is preferable
- Experience with Linux Docker based containerization of C# services using Mono or .Net core
- Experience in quantitative system performance characterization and modeling
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.