Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Early Discovery organization seeks an outstanding candidate to join our Immunotherapy (Immuno-Oncology) Discovery team at Merck, Boston. The Associate Principal/Principal Scientist will lead a team that supports late development programs within our immune-oncology pipeline. Broad expertise in tumor immunology, cellular immunology, autoimmunity, and high dimensional flow cytometry/CyTOF is required for this role. The successful candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills, work well independently and as a team leader, and be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously. The successful candidate will also have experience in interacting with internal translational/clinical stakeholders and external academic investigators. The ideal candidate will have experience in leading/managing PhD and non-PhD level scientists as well. Specifically, this role will be responsible for driving translational approaches to investigate and support our immune-oncology programs. This includes, but is not limited to, organizing, assigning, and overseeing key preclinical and translational experimental projects. The position is a managerial role with 3 to 6 direct reports.
• Minimum of PhD or MD or MD PhD
• Expertise in Immune Oncology. Candidate should have expertise with both T cell biology and myeloid biology (i.e. MDSCs).
• Experience in large molecule immune modulatory biologics development.
• Biomarker experience, including, but not limited to, high dimensional flow cytometry, genomics (i.e. RNA Seq), and CyTOF.
• Translation medicine experience.
• Experience in murine tumor models (genetically engineered or syngeneic).
• Ability to organize and communicate complex data sets in a clear and concise manner to key stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
• Candidate should be a strong team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and with a demonstrated ability to work independently to design experiments, interpret data, troubleshoot, and suggest next steps.
• Background in project management and laboratory management is preferred.
• Ability to actively contribute scientifically to immunological drug discovery research programs, including identification and validation of novel targets.
• Sufficient experience in drug discovery and/or late development. Related to this experience is the ability to represent development teams and communicate goals/deliverables to senior management and/or governance committees throughout Merck Research Laboratories.
• Prior experience either working with or leading collaborations with external academic, biotechnology, and contract research organizations.
• Experience in mentoring and/or leading PhD level and non-PhD level scientists.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at [email protected].
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.