We are seeking an experienced Senior Principal Scientist CADD - AI Application Specialist to join our global Computer-Aided Drug Discovery team and broader research group in UCB’s growing US-based research hub in Bedford, MA. The Bedford site is home to a diverse group of research functions and teams such as Targeted-Protein Degradation, the DNA-encoded Library Platform, Gene Therapy, Protein production & purification, Biophysics and X-ray Crystallography.
This position is part of the global CADD team and an investment into chemistry-focused development and application of machine learning & artificial intelligence tools as part of our commitment to accelerate the speed and improve the quality of small molecule designs. The successful applicant will demonstrate excellent scientific judgement and with proven expertise and in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in the field of Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI). You will be instrumental in implementing strategy, development and application of AI and advanced machine learning tools in small molecule drug discovery. You will work closely with our scientists across multiple departments and multiple research sites and collaborate with external academic and industrial partners.
You will contribute by:
- Providing leadership and collaborating with other team members in the planning, implementation and execution of AI approaches for small molecule drug discovery, including compound property prediction/optimization, molecular design, retrosynthesis planning, chemistry-focused natural language processing & chemical structure perception, etc.
- Providing scientific leadership in ML/AI for Chemistry and provide recommendations on emerging technologies and capabilities.
- Proactively acquiring, developing and/or implementing relevant computational tools and workflows through independent research and internal/external collaborations.
- Offering constructive challenge and advocate continuous improvement of CADD operation to enable effective drug discovery process.
- Establishing effective cross-functional collaborations and communications
- Demonstrating a high level of entrepreneurship and fosters in others a can-do and can-win attitude.