The Principal Business Analyst supports the Pacific Biosciences business units by driving continual improvement of the business processes, capabilities, and recommending solutions to support them.
Basic Function and Scope of the Position:
This role functions as a strategic partner to the business and is responsible for evangelizing, modeling, documenting, and training on current and developing business processes and capabilities within SAP, Salesforce, ADP, Concur, Taleo, Compliance Wire, Camstar, ClickView, and related business applications. A deep understanding and continual improvement of the end to end business processes and how they are implemented in process and solutions is a key requirement for this role.
• Researches and provide best practice recommendations with a focus on end-to-end capabilities and impact to KPIs.
• Lead the study of business goals & system needs and design of innovative solutions. Ensure the ongoing alignment of business architecture.
• Improves systems by studying current practices; designing modifications. Understands when to recommend changes to a business process / policy / solutions.
• Partner with business process owners to develop solution proposals, define scope, present business cases, and gain consensus.
• Lead process modeling workshops and design with a contribution to policy changes.
• Lead sessions to elicit, analyze, and document business requirements.
• Translate business requirements into functional requirements specification, workflow, cross-functional dependencies.
• Exercise leadership capabilities and oversee the execution of projects.
• Lead collaborative system design with the business units. Follow business development processes that ensure the solution meets the agreed upon business requirements while creatively leveraging standard capabilities and procedures where possible.
• Ensures a focus on worker’s information needs driving high level of usability and data quality.
• Prepares visuals to communicate and gain buy-in on pain points, recommendations and the solutions roadmap.
• Must have overarching business process and solution design experience in the SAP FICO, MM, PP, SD modules.
• Maintains active communication with business users and stakeholders to manage expectations regarding changes to the system and the introduction of new and enhanced functionality.