The Rostock University Medical Center (www.med.uni-rostock.de) sees in bioinformatics analysis of molecular processes a biomedical field of the future, which allows to investigate the molecular basis of health and diseases in a systematic manner, and to optimize diagnosis and interventions.
The Institute for Biostatistics and Informatics in Medicine and Ageing Research at the Rostock University Medical Center (Germany) seeks, pending budgetary approval, and starting in Mai/June to be continued for up to 5 years, candidates for the position of a
Full-time Postdoctoral Scientific Researcher, with a focus on bioinformatics, in an EU-funded project.
- Database development for data on health and ageing.
- Omics data analyses (gene, protein and metabolite abundance).
- Machine learning and network-biology based analyses and data integration.
- Writing of scientific reports and papers.
- Website development and maintenance.
Advantages for you:
- A stimulating environment where your contribution can have a real impact.
- Researching the mechanisms behind healthy aging is fascinating, and gaining importance in the light of demographic development.
- A dedicated and experienced team, fun to work with.
For further information you may contact:
Prof. Dr. Fuellen, [email protected], Director of the Institute for Biostatistics and Informatics in Medicine and Ageing Research.
For most of the year, Rostock (at the Baltic Coast) is a number one vacation area in Germany, with a very pleasant climate and nice beaches nearby.
The University strives for a high proportion of women in research and teaching. Applications from qualified female scientists are therefore particularly welcome. Disabled persons will be given preference in filling vacancies within the existing legal provisions if equally qualified. Reimbursement of travelling costs for interviews is not possible according to the rules of the state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.