Postdoctoral Scholar – Microbial Ecology and Plant-Microbe Interactions - 91288
Organization: EB-Environ Genomics & Systems Bio
Lawrence Berkeley National Lab’s (LBNL, https://www.lbl.gov/) Environmental Genomics & Systems Biology Division (https://biosciences.lbl.gov/divisions/egsb/) has an opening for a Postdoctoral Scholar – Microbial Ecology and Plant-Microbe Interactions with expertise in microbiology and biochemistry.
In this exciting role, you will use highly controlled laboratory ecosystems, synthetic biology, genomics, metabolomics tools, and defined microbial communities to identify relationships between plant chemistry, archaea and Nitrogen transformations. The main goal of this project is to dissect factors defining plant-archaea interactions and their role in nutrient cycling in the rhizosphere of bioenergy crop.
What You Will Do:
• Design and execute laboratory experiments to identify factors that mediate nutrient and metabolite exchanges between plants, archaea and other members of the defined community.
• Analyze microbial genomic and transcriptomic data.
• Perform metabolomics analysis.
• Develop and perform biochemical assays.
• Work closely with other project team members to design and engineer (gene manipulation, genome editing) microbial systems.
• Keep precise and detailed laboratory notebooks, maintain and manage all resources generated throughout the project.
• Publish research results in peer-reviewed journals.
• Present results to internal groups and at a national meeting.