A postdoctoral position is available in the computational biology group at Singapore Institute for Clinical Sciences (SICS), Agency of Science and Technology Research (A*STAR). The focus of our research group is an in-depth genomic and epigenomic analysis of highly prevalent metabolic and developmental diseases (e.g. diabetes and obesity) for biomarker discovery.
The successful candidate will join an established research team focusing on understanding molecular and biomedical data from observational and interventional clinical studies.
The primary research focus will be on developing computational methodologies for the analysis of complex high-dimensional genomics and epigenomics data.
- Integration of multiple data sources (i.e. microarray/sequencing data on SNP, methylation, gene expression, microRNA, and copy number)
- Discover genetic polymorphisms and epigenomic marks responsible for phenotypic diversity such as disease susceptibility
- Develop computational models to map how genetic and epigenomic variation interact with our environment to regulate transcription
- Data mining and analysis within translational clinical datasets
- Preparation of scientific publications and commercial reports